PodCast #12 (Lifestyle Edit): INNER CITY JOBURG REJUVENATION WITH GERALD GARNER
Today’s show is an outside broadcast of a lifestyle edit show, live from Hangout Jozi in the One Eloff development of inner city Joburg, during which I get to meet a true Joburg legend, Gerald Garner. Well known for his tireless efforts alongside inner city property developers, Gerald is responsible for making a name for various inner city developments, including 1Fox The Sheds and more recently, One Eloff.
I also did a quick video tour of Hangout Jozi, here it is in under 40 seconds!
- Gerald talks about his passion for inner city Joburg and what drew him to the city, not being a born and bred Joburg boy.
- Gerald shares his views on the state of regeneration within the inner city and where efforts stand currently.
- Gerald talks about 1Fox The Sheds and One Eloff, explaining how each project is different from the other and shares some exciting developments at One Eloff, including him becoming a permanent tenant at One Eloff as Hangout Jozi.
- Gerald talks about the vibrant art scene at One Eloff with local artist creating studios in the development.
- Gerald teases us with details of his walking tours of the Joburg inner city, including the Fashion District and Little Addis Tour and, my personal favourite, the Pubs, Bars and Rooftops Tour.
- We end off the show with a live gin tasting of two locally produced craft gins.
Be sure to check out my Facebook Live Video I did of my time with Gerald at Hangout Jozi.