PodCast #2 (Travel Edit): CAPE WINELANDS TOUR WESTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA
Todays PodCast is a travel edit show looking at my time with friend and fellow travel blogger, Kerry Travels, as we explored the Cape Winelands of South Africa during late 2016.
- Kerry and I explore what is taking place currently in the South African wine farm industry, after recently coming under international fire for questionable labour practices
- We talk about our time at Wildekrans Wine Estate, their endless vineyards and a great wine tasting and lunch pairing in the old cellar
- I share my thoughts on driving up the magnificent drive that leads to Val du Charron Wine and Olive Estate, while at the same time being slightly unsure of the pronunciation of the name of the estate, but fortunately owner Catherine Entwistle was on hand to set me straight
- Kerry and I share fond memories of the Spier Wine Farm and the amazing art collection spread throughout the property
- And we end off with a chat to John Riddler of Thompsons Holidays who made our trip possible