PodCast 13/2018: COOKING UP A STORM WITH CHEF ASHLEIGH LEVIN
Today on SoapBox Radio I chat to chef and author Ashleigh Levin, as she shares her passion and love of food with me, while giving me a one-on-one cooking lesson straight from her home kitchen.
- Ashleigh shares about her family heritage with both a mom and gran in the field and how food remains a time of coming together for the family.
- Ashleigh remembers how so many personal memories have inspired recipe names like Fall Apart Lamb, My Mom’s Sticky Chicken and Dirty Ballerina Pavlova in her first cookbook, Home Cooked and Heartwarming.
- Not setting out initially to write a book, Ashleigh talks about her journey to her first book.
- Being more than just a chef, Ashleigh shares how she juggles many roles including being a mom to two young children.
- Ashleigh ends off our time together with an insight into new delights she is busy working on and cooking up at the moment.
Did you see which dish Ashleigh and I cooked together? Share your thoughts on my technique below in the comments, I would love to hear from you!
It’s Time To Win!
I have a copy of Ashleigh’s book Home Cooked and Heartwarming to giveaway to one lucky My Lime Boots reader who commens below about my cooking technique. For a second chance to win, find my Facebook post, share it and comment about my cooking technique there too. Hang, for a third chance to win, find my post on Twitter, retweet it and then comment on it about my cooking technique.
Giveaway closes at 16h00 this Wednesday, 4 July 2018. You may enter on any or all platforms – I am looking for the most interesting comment on my cooking technique. The decision as to the winner is final once made.
And The Winner Is…
Well done to Lisa Benton who wins a copy of Ashleigh’s new cookbook Home Cooked and Heartwarming, Lisa entered via Facebook.